About Old College Quad
Our Old College Quad outdoor venue is home to our afternoon chamber music series, a session of traditional Scottish music, five nights of inspirational spoken word and unmissable late night cabaret.
Our outdoor venues are covered, but you should come dressed appropriately for the weather, including suitable footwear for walking across grass.
Safety and Security
We ask that you arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before a performance begins. Latecomers may not be admitted.
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches. No large bags such as suitcases will be allowed into the venue. There is no cloakroom to store belongings.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
We have introduced socially distanced seating plans to allow households and support bubbles to sit together while remaining at a safe distance from others. When you book online you will be asked to select a seating ‘bubble’ with the correct number of seats for your group.
Traceability will be especially important this summer to help prevent community transmission. For 21 days after your visit, we may be asked to share your name and contact details with NHS Test & Protect to help them identify people who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
More detailed information about safety at our venues can be found here.
In collaboration with
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue.
- Pay and display parking on Chambers Street
- NCP: Edinburgh Holyrood Road (four disabled bays)
- Q-Park: Quartermile (10 disabled bays)
- Bus stop (South Bridge): 3, 5, 7, 8, 14, 29, 30, 31, 33, 35, 37, 49
- Bus stop (Victoria Street): 23, 27, 41, 42
- Taxi rank on Nicolson Square
- Waverley Station 0.4 miles
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options
- More public transport information available at Transport for Edinburgh
- Steep ramped access to Old College Quad via South Bridge/ Nicolson Street, you may require assistance
- Wheelchair spaces
- Accessible toilet
- No loop system
- Assistance dogs are welcome
Email email@example.com for further enquiries or visit our Access page for other contact methods.