About King's Theatre
Safety and Security
We ask that you arrive at the venue in plenty of time as latecomers may not be admitted.
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches and you should not bring bags larger than 30cm x 30cm x 15cm to our venues. No larger bags (or similar) will be allowed into the venue. There is no cloakroom to store belongings.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue. If you are looking for general advice on travelling within and to Edinburgh, visit our dedicated page packed with useful tips and information.
- Limited pay and display spaces on surrounding streets
- Car park at Princes Exchange
- Bus stop (Leven Street): 10, 15, 16, 23, 36, 45
- Bus stops (Home Street): 10, 11, 15, 16, 23, 27, 36, 45
- No taxi rank but taxis pass by regularly
- Haymarket Station 0.6 miles
- Waverley Station 1 mile
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options
- Go green and try car-sharing to save costs and our planet - see goCarShare and TripshareEdinburgh
- Platform lift to Stalls; please ask staff for assistance
- Level access with power assisted door through the Box Office
- No level access to Dress Circle, Upper Circle or bars
- Upper Circle may not be suitable for those with mobility difficulties
- Wheelchair spaces are at the front and the rear of the Stalls
- Accessible toilets are in the Box Office and the rear of the Stalls
- Infra-red system in the auditorium available for any performance to increase sound, as well as for audio described performances. Headsets available from programme desk in foyer
- Box Office has a low counter and loop system
- There is an Induction loop in the auditorium to increase the volume of any performance, set hearing aid to the 'T' position
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be looked after by venue staff