About Festival Theatre
Your visit to Festival Theatre
This year the Festival Theatre hosts a wide range of music theatre, dance and concerts.
We ask that you arrive at the venue in plenty of time as latecomers may not be admitted.
Please note that Festival Theatre has a cloakroom for coats and jackets only. You should not bring bags (or other items) larger than 30cm x 30cm x 15cm to our venues.
The Festival Theatre is equipped with three bars which have a range of beers, wines, spirits, soft drinks and bar snacks.
In the interests of all audience members, babies and children under four years old are not permitted in the venue. Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by a responsible adult.
Please contact the Festival Theatre if you have any specific questions about your visit to this venue.
Safety and Security
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events at this venue
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue.
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options
- Bike racks in rear courtyard of venue
- Bus Stop (Surgeon’s Hall): 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 14, 29, 30, 31, 33, 37, 47, 49
- Bus Stop (Potterrow): 2, 12, 47
- Taxi rank on Nicolson Square
- Waverley Station 0.4 miles
- More public transport information available at Transport for Edinburgh
- Pay and display parking on Chambers Street
- Accessible parking spaces can be booked in advance by contacting Stage Door at [email protected] or calling +44 (0)131 662 1112 and selecting option two
- Go green and try car-sharing to save costs and our planet – see goCarShare and TripshareEdinburgh
- Lift access to all levels
- Ramped access to main entrance with power-assisted door
- Level access also available at side entrance
- Wheelchair spaces are in the centre of the Stalls
- Accessible toilets on level one and level two
- Infra-red system in the auditorium, headsets available from the cloakroom. Headsets can also be picked up from the cloakroom for any performance to increase show sound.
- Ear defenders are available from venue staf
- Box Office has a low counter and loop system
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be looked after by venue staff
- Best AD signal from centre of Circle or Stalls
- Best view of supertitles from centre of Circle or Stalls