About Festival Theatre
Behind the Festival Theatre's striking glass facade there lies a welcoming 19th Century theatre.
Safety and Security
We ask that you arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before a performance begins. Latecomers may not be admitted.
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches. No large bags such as suitcases will be allowed into the venue. There is no cloakroom to store belongings.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
We have introduced socially distanced seating plans to allow households and support bubbles to sit together while remaining at a safe distance from others. When you book online you will be asked to select a seating ‘bubble’ with the correct number of seats for your group.
Please wear a face covering for the duration of your visit, unless you are exempt. Hand sanitiser stations will be located around our venues.
Traceability will be especially important this summer to help prevent community transmission. For 21 days after your visit, we may be asked to share your name and contact details with NHS Test & Protect to help them identify people who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue.
- Pay and display parking on Chambers Street
- Accessible parking spaces can be booked in advance, contact the venue
- NCP: Holyrood Road (four disabled bays)
- Q-Park: Quartermile (10 disabled bays)
- Bus stop (Surgeon’s Hall): 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 14, 29, 30, 33, 37, 47, 49
- Taxi rank on Nicolson Square
- Waverley Station 0.4 miles
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options
- More public transport information available at Transport for Edinburgh
- Lift access to all levels
- Ramped access to main entrance with power assisted door
- Wheelchair spaces are in the centre of the Stalls
- Accessible toilets on level 1 and level 2
- Infa-red system in the auditorium, headsets available from the cloakroom
- Box Office has a low counter and loop system
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be looked after by venue staff