About Usher Hall
Your visit to Usher Hall
Usher Hall is home to our series of world-class orchestras, soloists and operas in concert.
We ask that you arrive at the venue in plenty of time as latecomers may not be admitted.
Please note that there is no cloakroom facility to store belongings, but Usher Hall provides coat rails on every level. Please limit bags to one small handbag or backpack per person (no larger than 30cm x 30cm x 15cm) and keep bags with you at all times.
Under 16s should be accompanied by a responsible adult over 18.
In the interests of all audience members, babies and children under 4 years old are not permitted in events whose main audience is not children.
Please contact the Usher Hall if you have any specific questions about your visit to this venue.
Safety and Security
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events at this venue
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue.
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options
- Bus stop (Usher Hall): 1, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 24, 34, 36, 47
- Taxi rank on Lothian Road
- Haymarket Station 0.6 miles
- Tram stop at Shandwick Place
- More public transport information available at Transport for Edinburgh
- Blue badge parking on Grindlay Street and Cambridge Street
- NCP: Castle Terrace (5 disabled bays)
- Go green and try car-sharing to save costs and our planet - see goCarShare and TripshareEdinburgh
- Lift to all levels
- Level access through the glass wing entrance with automatic doors
- No level access to Grand Circle Bar; ask venue staff for assistance
- Upper Circle may not be suitable for customers with limited mobility
- Wheelchair spaces are located in mid Stalls and Grand Circle
- If you are transferring from your wheelchair, or you have limited mobility, we recommend aisle seats in the Stalls
- Three accessible toilets on Stalls level and two on Grand Circle level
- There is a loop system in the auditorium
- Box Office has low counter and no loop system
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be looked after by venue staff
- There is a sensory room available, ask venue staff for access
- For captioned performances, please be advised that where a seat indicates that there is a restricted view, this includes a restricted view of the captioning units.