About Edinburgh Playhouse
Your visit to Edinburgh Playhouse
We ask that you arrive at the venue in plenty of time as latecomers may not be admitted.
Please note there is no cloakroom available at Edinburgh Playhouse. Bags larger than A4 size will not be permitted into the venue.
No children under five years of age will be admitted to the venue. Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by a responsible adult.
Please contact the Edinburgh Playhouse if you have any specific questions about your visit to this venue.
Safety and Security
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events at this venue
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue.
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options.
- Bus stops (Leith Street and York Place): 1, 4, 5, 7,8, 10, 11, 14, 16, 19, 25, 34, 45, 49
- Taxi rank outside the Omni Centre
- Tram stop: York Place
- Waverley Station 0.4 miles
- More public transport information available at Transport for Edinburgh
- Pay and display parking on Union Place
- Q-Park: Omni Centre (nine disabled bays)
- St James Quarter car park (70 disabled bays)
- Go green and try car-sharing to save costs and our planet – see goCarShare and TripshareEdinburgh
- No lift
- The level access entrance is the right-hand door of the main entrance or via the box office
- Level access to Circle and Circle Bar (to the right of main entrance)
- 40 steps down to the Stalls from street level
- 25 steps up to the Balcony from street level
- Wheelchair spaces in the rear of the Circle
- If you are transferring from your wheelchair to a seat, a member of staff will take your wheelchair during the performance and store it in the Circle Bar for you
- Customers with limited mobility are recommended Circle Row M or Row N. There is one step up to Row M and three steps up to Row N
- Accessible toilet is located in the Circle Bar, left-handed transfer
- Infra-red system in the auditorium, headsets available from venue staff or set your hearing aid to the T position
- Box Office has a low counter and a loop system
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be looked after by venue staff
- Audio Description headsets can be collected from the room opposite the ladies toilet on the Balcony level
- Best AD signal from centre of Circle or Stalls