Terms & Conditions
- Gift vouchers are available for purchase online at eif.co.uk or by calling Edinburgh International Box Office on 0131 473 2000 during the Festival on-sale period.
- Gift vouchers cannot be resold by third parties or for commercial gain.
- Gift vouchers cannot be returned or exchanged for cash.
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable; however, a 14-day grace period will apply from the date of purchase should the purchaser change their mind, in which case a full refund will be given, provided that the gift voucher has not been redeemed in part or in full.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 24 months from the date of issue. Edinburgh International Festival may consider (at its absolute discretion) an extension to the expiry date of a gift voucher on a case-by-case basis where there are extenuating circumstances to justify such extension being appropriate and fair.
- Gift vouchers that are lost, stolen, destroyed or expired cannot be replaced.
- Gift vouchers may be exchanged wholly or partly for tickets for any Edinburgh International Festival production by visiting our website at eif.co.uk or by calling Edinburgh International Box Office on 0131 473 2000 during the Festival on sale period. All tickets are subject to availability and booking and postage fees may apply.
- Gift Vouchers can be used for full or part payment. Any unused amount will remain attached to the original gift voucher code for use on future transactions. Please email Edinburgh International Box Office (email@example.com) to confirm the current balance of any Gift Voucher.
Ticket Exchanges and Refunds
COVID-19 refund policy
(updated April 2022)
If you are unable to attend any event at the 2022 Edinburgh International Festival for any reason related to COVID-19, we will refund the full cost of the ticket to the lead booker.
Refunds must be requested up to 24 hours in advance of the performance by contacting the Edinburgh International Festival Box Office on +44 (0)131 473 2000 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Postage fees are non-refundable. Refunds will only be issued to the customer who made the booking, and proof of ID will be required for cash refunds.
Standard Refund and Exchange Policy
No refunds will be given except in the event of cancellation of a performance. If an event is cancelled, the Edinburgh International Festival’s liability will be to the customer who made the original purchase and will be limited to the cost of the tickets purchased. Tickets may be exchanged up to 48 hours before a performance to another performance of the same show, subject to availability. A £1.50 fee per ticket exchanged will be charged.
We do not allow the resale of our tickets for private commercial gain. Tickets are sold for use by the buyer and their party. We will cancel tickets if there is any breach of this condition and refuse entry without a refund. For your own peace of mind, please only buy from official outlets – which is directly from the Edinburgh International Festival Box Office or selected Edinburgh International Festival venues in August.
We have partnered with Secure My Booking to offer optional ticket protection for all Edinburgh International Festival events. Our ticket protection allows you to recoup 100% of the paid ticket price (including any fees) if you are unable to attend your event for any number of covered reasons, including illness, travel delays, adverse weather conditions and more. For more information, please visit the Secure My Booking website here.
If you are unable to attend a performance, we can accept the fees paid for your tickets as donations. Please note that you will not receive a refund for either the cost of your ticket(s) or any fees.
All ticket prices are inclusive of VAT. There is an additional charge for despatching tickets by post.
When you book tickets to Edinburgh International Festival events, you can choose either to use electronic tickets, or you can have your tickets mailed to you for an additional cost. If you are booking online, this choice will be indicated when the contents of your shopping basket are confirmed.
Due to Covid-19, we are currently not offering the option to collect tickets in person.
For further information please contact the Edinburgh International Festival Box Office on +44 (0) 131 473 2000 or email email@example.com.
Latecomers may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance before they can enter the auditorium. If there is no suitable break, latecomers may not be admitted.
Edinburgh International Festival Society is a company limited by guarantee and incorporated in Scotland (No 024766) with its registered office at The Hub, Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NE. It is recognised as a registered charity (No SC004694) by HMRC.
Edinburgh International Festival Society VAT registration number: GB 664 0731 41
24-26 Regent Place
0121 233 2837