About The Lyceum
Your visit to The Lyceum
We ask that you arrive at the venue in plenty of time as latecomers may not be admitted.
Please note that you should try to avoid bringing large bags or luggage into the venue. A manned cloakroom in the main foyer will be available.
The Lyceum encourages access for all, but recommend parents or guardians do not bring infants less than two years of age into the auditorium due to potential disturbance.
Should a babe in arms become restless and cause a disturbance, the parent/guardian will be requested to leave the auditorium with the child so as not to disturb other customers. The venue reserves the right to not re-admit.
Children over the age of two require a seat and therefore a paid ticket.
Performance specific age recommendations may supersede these guidelines, so please check when booking your tickets.
Please contact The Lyceum if you have any specific questions about your visit to this venue.
Safety and Security
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events at this venue
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue.
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options
- Bus stop (Usher Hall): 1, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 24, 34, 36, 47
- Taxi rank on Lothian Road
- Haymarket Station 0.6 miles
- Tram stop on Shandwick Place
- More public transport information available at Transport for Edinburgh
- Blue badge parking on Grindlay Street and Cambridge Street
- NCP: Castle Terrace (5 disabled bays)
- Go green and try car-sharing to save costs and our planet – see goCarShare and TripshareEdinburgh
- Lift access to all levels
- Platform lift to Stalls Bar; please ask staff for assistance
- Wheelchair spaces located in the rear of the Stalls – Boxes A and C – and the rear of the Grand Circle
- If you have limited mobility or want to transfer from a wheelchair, Stalls Boxes A and C could also work for you. These boxes have individual unfixed chairs, which can be moved around
- Accessible toilet on foyer level
- Auditorium has hearing enhancement system which transmits on an FM radio signal, headsets available from shop in foyer
- Box Office has low counter and loop system
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be looked after by venue staff
- Best AD signal from central seating
- Best view of captions from central seating