About The Lyceum
The Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh is a Victorian beauty built in 1883. Located next door to the Usher Hall, the Lyceum is an intimate and traditional venue – perfect for International Festival theatre performances.
Safety and Security
We ask that you arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before a performance begins. Latecomers may not be admitted.
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches. No large bags such as suitcases will be allowed into the venue. There is no cloakroom to store belongings.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
We have introduced socially distanced seating plans to allow households and support bubbles to sit together while remaining at a safe distance from others. When you book online you will be asked to select a seating ‘bubble’ with the correct number of seats for your group.
Please wear a face covering for the duration of your visit, unless you are exempt. Hand sanitiser stations will be located around our venues.
Traceability will be especially important this summer to help prevent community transmission. For 21 days after your visit, we may be asked to share your name and contact details with NHS Test & Protect to help them identify people who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue.
- Blue badge parking on Grindlay Street and Cambridge Street
- NCP: Castle Terrace (5 disabled bays)
- Bus stop (Usher Hall): 1, 10, 11, 15, 16, 24, 34, 36, 47, 124
- Taxi rank on Lothian Road
- Haymarket Station 0.6 miles
- Tram stop on Shandwick Place
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options
- More public transport information available at Transport for Edinburgh
- Lift access to all levels except stalls
- Wheelchair spaces located in the rear of the grand circle,
accessible via foyer lift
- Accessible toilet on foyer level
- Digital loop system in the auditorium, headsets available from shop in foyer
- Box Office has low counter and loop system
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be looked after by venue staff
- Please note that the seating layout at The Lyceum has changed in 2021 and previous accessible routes may not be available.