Become a member or renew your existing membership
Edinburgh International Festival showcases the very best at an annual celebration of global arts in one of the world’s leading cultural centres, but we also create moments of magic throughout the year for different communities, generations and cultures to connect, share and be inspired.
As a charity, we rely on the support of donors, sponsors, trusts and members to help us present this world-class event year on year. Together, we bring unique collaborations, world premieres, new takes on classic work and more, to captivate, thrill and entertain audiences from around the world.
Become a member, get closer and access a number of exciting benefits.
Our Membership Options
- priority booking for International Festival events
- membership card with discounts and offers from selected partners
- regular newsletter mailings and e-mails
- the International Festival brochure mailed to you
- access to a programme of member events
- free exchange on tickets purchased
- ticket discounts on a range of International Festival performances
All the benefits of a Friend membership and:
- an invitation to a special International Festival programme launch event
- access to additional events during August exclusively for Friend Plus members
- extra tickets during priority booking – up to eight tickets per event
All the benefits of a Friend Plus membership and:
- an additional day of priority booking for International Festival events in advance of Friend and Friend Plus members
- an invitation to a private reception on the opening night of the International Festival
- acknowledgement of your support in the International Festival event programmes
All the benefits of a Patron membership and:
- an invitation to a private reception on the evening of the closing concert
- access to two International Lounges during intervals at selected venues (dates subject to availability)
All the benefits of a Patron Plus membership and:
- an additional day of priority booking for International Festival events in advance of Patron and Patron Plus members
- an invitation to the International Festival programme launch
- acknowledgement of your support in the International Festival brochure
- access to ten International Festival Lounges during intervals at selected venues (dates subject to availability)
All the benefits of an Ambassador membership and:
- an additional day of priority booking for International Festival events in advance of Ambassador members
- an invitation to a special event with the Directors of the International Festival
Membership Terms and Conditions
Access to tickets during the priority booking period is subject to availability. Access to tickets for Member events during August is subject to availability. Access to events by invitation (such as the Members programme launch event) is subject to availability.
Edinburgh International Festival reserves the right to change or limit the amount of tickets available for purchase during the priority booking period for specific events where necessary.
Edinburgh International Festival tickets sold both during and after the priority booking period are subject to terms and conditions although Edinburgh International Festival members are entitled to free exchange on all tickets purchased.
Applications to pay for International Festival membership by Direct Debit will not be accepted between 1 May–1 June.
Membership of the Edinburgh International Festival is available on an annual basis only and, therefore, the cancellation of a monthly Direct Debit instruction prior to the fulfilment of the full annual cost of membership may result in the cancellation of any tickets purchased during the priority booking period.
No refund, exchange or cash alternative is available in place of any Edinburgh International Festival membership benefits.
Edinburgh International Festival reserves the right to change the benefits and terms and conditions that apply to membership at any time.