Getting to the Fireworks
You are here
The Virgin Money Fireworks Concert runs for approximately 45 minutes, but ticketholders should arrive by 9pm as latecomers may not be admitted. The gates will open at 7pm for priority entry and 7.30pm for standard entry . Please leave time for entering and exiting the area as we anticipate large numbers of people at the event.
There are three available entrances and exits to the Gardens. You can see these on the map below.
1. Princes Street West End, by St John’s Church
2. Princes Street Gardens Floral Clock, bottom of the Mound
3. King’s Stables Road
Information about road closures is available below
The following roads will be closed from 7.30pm on Monday 29 August until 1.30am Tuesday morning.
1. Princes Street - From South Charlotte Street to South St David Street
2. Frederick Street - From Princes Street to George Street
3. Castle Street From - Princes Street to George Street
4. The Mound - In its entirety
5. Hanover Street - From Princes Street to George Street
6. Rose Street - In its entirety
7. Rose Street North Lane - In its entirety
8. Rose Street South Lane - In its entirety
9. North Bank Street - In its entirety
10. Market Street - From Waverley Bridge to the Mound
11. Bank Street - In its entirety
12. Mound Place - In its entirety
13. Ramsay Lane - In its entirety
14 .Ramsay Garden - In its entirety
15. St Giles Street - In its entirety
16. George IV Bridge Northbound - in its entirety
17. Princes Street - From South St David Street to North Bridge
18. Waverley Bridge - In its entirety
19. South St David Street - In its entirety
20. St Andrew Square - In its entirety (Except Buses)
21. South St Andrew Street - In its entirety
22. Meuse Lane - In its entirety
23. West Register Street - In its entirety
24. West Register Street Lane - In its entirety
25. Register Place - In its entirety
26. Castle Terrace - In its entirety
27. Princes Street - From Lothian Road to South Charlotte Street
28. South Charlotte Street - In its entirety
29. Lothian Road - From the West Approach Road to Princes Street
Walking and Cycling
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. The City of Edinburgh Council is an excellent source of information on cycle paths and routes, bike security and bike parking options.
Edinburgh’s central train station, Waverley Station, is only a 10-minute walk from the Ross Theatre and Princes Street Gardens and enjoys frequent direct train services from Glasgow, Dundee, London, Newcastle, Birmingham, Manchester and other towns and cities in Scotland and beyond. You can find out more about travelling to Edinburgh by train here.
The Edinburgh Trams runs a frequent service from Edinburgh Airport to York Place in the city centre. The closest tram stop to the Ross Theatre and Princes Street Gardens is Princes Street.
Find out the latest information about the Edinburgh Trams and how they integrate with the bus services here.
The nearest taxi rank is on Frederick Street, at the closure of the junction with Princes Street.
We strongly recommend that where possible, you leave your car behind and either walk, cycle, or use public transport to get to the Virgin Money Fireworks Concert.
Parking in the city centre is limited, but there are some pay and display on-street parking opportunities around the city. You can find out more information about parking on the City of Edinburgh Council website.