Address for Traverse Theatre
10 Cambridge Street
Contact information for Traverse Theatre
About Traverse Theatre
Your visit to Traverse Theatre
This year the Traverse 2 is hosting National Theatre of Scotland's Thrown, exploring the art of Scottish backhold wrestling, for the duration of the Festival.
We ask that you arrive at the venue in plenty of time as latecomers may not be admitted.
Please note that the Traverse does not have a cloakroom and cannot store any bags or luggage or allow luggage and oversized bags into our auditoriums. You should not bring bags (or other items) larger than 30cm x 30cm x 15cm to our venues.
The Traverse Bar is open for ticket holders an hour before a performance's start time.
The minimum age requirement for a young person to attend a performance at the Traverse unaccompanied by an adult is 14. If the age recommendation for a specific performance is above 14, then the young person must be above the recommended age to attend unaccompanied. An adult is considered 16 years old or older.
Babes in arms are permitted; however, if the infant becomes disruptive during the performance, the carer must be prepared to leave the theatre. Re-entry may not be permitted.
Performance specific age recommendations may supersede these guidelines, so please check when booking your tickets.
Please contact Traverse Theatre if you have any specific questions about your visit to this venue.
Safety and Security
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
List of Events
There are no upcoming events at this venue
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue.
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options
- Bus stop (Usher Hall): 1, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 24, 34, 36, 47
- Taxi rank on Lothian Road
- Haymarket Station 0.6 miles
- More public transport information available at Transport for Edinburgh
- Blue badge parking on Cambridge Street and Grindlay Street
- NCP: Castle Terrace (five disabled bays)
- Drop off point at the main entrance
- Go green and try car-sharing to save costs and our planet - see goCarShare and TripshareEdinburgh
- Lift access down to bar and auditorium, please ask staff for assistance
- Level access to main entrance with power assisted door
- Wheelchair spaces are at the front of the auditorium
- Accessible toilets in bar
- Induction loop, set hearing aid to the T position
- Headsets for audio described performances can be collected from staff at the venue entrance. Audio headsets are in-ear. Guests can bring their own headphones with a 3.5mm audio jack cable.
- Box Office has high counter and no loop system
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be looked after by venue staff by advance arrangement
- Good AD signal from any seat
- Good view of BSL interpreter from any seat
- Good view of captions from any seat