Address for Traverse Theatre
10 Cambridge Street
Contact information for Traverse Theatre
About Traverse Theatre
With two custom-built and versatile theatre spaces, the Traverse's home in Edinburgh's city centre is a powerhouse of vibrant new work for, and of, our time.
Safety and Security
We ask that you arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before a performance begins. Latecomers may not be admitted.
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches. No large bags such as suitcases will be allowed into the venue. There is no cloakroom to store belongings.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
We have introduced socially distanced seating plans to allow households and support bubbles to sit together while remaining at a safe distance from others. When you book online you will be asked to select a seating ‘bubble’ with the correct number of seats for your group.
Please wear a face covering for the duration of your visit, unless you are exempt. Hand sanitiser stations will be located around our venues.
Traceability will be especially important this summer to help prevent community transmission. For 21 days after your visit, we may be asked to share your name and contact details with NHS Test & Protect to help them identify people who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue.
- Blue badge parking on Cambridge Street and Grindlay Street
- NCP: Castle Terrace (five disabled bays)
- Drop off point at the main entrance
- Bus stop (Usher Hall): 1, 10, 11, 15, 16, 24, 34, 36, 47, 124
- Taxi rank on Lothian Road
- Haymarket Station 0.6 miles
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options
- More public transport information available at Transport for Edinburgh
- Level access to main entrance with power assisted door
- Lift access down to foyer and auditorium, please ask staff for assistance
- Wheelchair spaces are located at the front of the auditorium
- Accessible toilets on foyer level
- Induction loop, set hearing aid to the T position
- Collect headsets for audio described performances from staff at the venue entrance
- Box Office has high counter and no loop system
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be looked after by venue staff by advance arrangement