About Dance Base
Dance Base hosts Dancing in the Streets, a series of films from the streets of cities around the world, presented by their choreographers.
Safety and Security
We ask that you arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before a performance begins. Latecomers may not be admitted.
Your safety and security at International Festival events is of the utmost importance to us. Please note that bags may be subject to security searches. No large bags such as suitcases will be allowed into the venue. There is no cloakroom to store belongings.
If you spot anything suspicious during your visit to the International Festival, please do let a member of the team know.
We have introduced socially distanced seating plans to allow households and support bubbles to sit together while remaining at a safe distance from others. When you book online you will be asked to select a seating ‘bubble’ with the correct number of seats for your group.
Traceability will be especially important this summer to help prevent community transmission. For 21 days after your visit, we may be asked to share your name and contact details with NHS Test & Protect to help them identify people who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
More detailed information about safety at our venues can be found here.
Edinburgh is very compact, which makes it ideal to explore on foot or by bicycle. See below for information about getting to the venue.
- Blue badge parking on King’s Stables Road and Victoria Street
- NCP: Castle Terrace (five disabled bays)
- Bus stop (West Port/Grassmarket): 2
- Bus stop (Victoria Street): 23, 27, 41, 42
- Waverley Station 0.6 miles
- Find out about walking routes and cycling paths, bike security and bike parking options
- More public transport information available at Transport for Edinburgh
- Lift access to Reception and Studio 1
- Wheelchair spaces available
- Accessible toilet opposite reception
- Fixed loop system in auditorium
- Reception has low counter and a fixed induction loop system
- Assistance dogs are welcome and can be looked after by venue staff