You are here
Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh
Grindlay Street, Edinburgh EH3 9AX
The Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh is a Victorian beauty built in 1883. Located next door to the Usher Hall, the Lyceum is an intimate and traditional venue – perfect for International Festival theatre performances.
Getting to Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh
- Walk...up Grindlay St where the Lyceum sits close to Usher Hall.
- Bike...map your route here.
- Bus...in on Lothian bus routes: 1, 10, 11, 15, 16, 24, 34, 36, 47.
- Drive...limited on-street parking in nearby side streets and an NCP car park is located across the road at Castle Terrace. Limited disabled parking available on Grindlay Street and Cambridge Street.
Accessing the Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh
The following access facilities are available at the venue:
- Wheelchair Accessible.
- Assistance animals welcome.
- Lift access to all levels. Platform lift to main bar, please ask a member of staff for assistance.
- Level access from main entrance. Entrance doors can be quite heavy but staff will be on hand to assist.
- Wheelchair spaces are located in the stalls and there are some seats in stalls with movable arms for seat transfers.
- Accessible toilets on foyer level.
- A theatre-wide induction loop can be used by patrons in conjunction with their own hearing aid by switching it to the ‘T’ position.
- Personal induction loops are also available for those without hearing aids. These can be collected from the shop in the foyer. No reservation required.
- Euan's Guide accessibility review.
- Access Contact: +44 (0) 131 248 4848 or lyceum.org.uk/access
Box Office Opening Hours
Open Monday - Saturday, 10.00am – 5.00pm
On show nights, 10.00am – 7.00pm
Venue website: lyceum.org.uk