You are here
2 Leven St, Edinburgh EH3 9LQ
Opened in 1906 and recently refurbished (complete with domed auditorium ceiling painted by renowned Scottish artist John Byrne) The King’s Theatre plays host to many of the International Festival’s theatre shows.
Getting to the King’s Theatre
- Walk...up Leven St into Edinburgh's terrific Tollcross area.
- Bike...map your route here.
- Bus...in on Lothian bus routes: 10, 11, 15, 16, 23, 24, 27, 45.
- Drive...if you’re arriving by car, there is limited single yellow line parking on Tarvit Street, approximately 30 metres away, and in the side streets opposite the theatre.
Accessing the King's Theatre
The following access facilities are available at the venue:
- Wheelchair Accessible.
- Assistance animals welcome.
- Platform lift to the stalls, please ask a member of staff for assistance.
- No lift access to other levels. There are 29 steps up to the dress circle and 71 steps up to the upper circle.
- Level access is through the box office to the right of the building.
- No level access to the bars, but staff will bring drinks to stalls on request.
- Wheelchair spaces are located at the front and rear of the stalls.
- Accessible toilets are in the box office and the stalls.
- There is a Sennheiser infrared system in the auditorium. Signal not available in all seats, please ask box office for advice when booking.
- Headsets and personal loops can be collected from the programme box. No headset reservation required.
- Euan's Guide accessibility review.
- Access Contact: +44 (0) 131 529 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Box Office Opening Hours
Open for unsold Festival tickets for one hour before the show.
Venue website: edtheatres.com