See some of the world’s finest orchestras, musicians and ensembles for FREE!
The International Festival's Young Musician’s Passport (YMP) scheme is back! Every year, we give away over 1000 free concert tickets to local young people. The YMP scheme is open to anyone who is aged 18 or under, goes to school in Edinburgh or the Lothians and plays a musical instrument or is part of a choir.
YMP tickets can sell out fast so get in quick and tell your friends!
What's the deal?
Young Musician’s Passport holders can claim one free ticket plus one half price adult ticket for any classical music concert in the Usher Hall, The Queen’s Hall and Greyfriars Kirk, and this year, we have extended the YMP offer to include three dance shows. Tickets are subject to availability and the offer is not available on top price tickets.
2019 highlights include:
• Gustavo Dudamel conducts the Los Angeles Philharmonic
• A timeless love story; Bernstein’s West Side Story in concert
• Scottish Ballet’s The Cruciblewith a thrilling new score by Peter Salem played live by the Scottish Ballet Orchestra
• Joyce DiDonato sings with the National Youth Orchestra of the USA
• Sir Simon Rattle conducts the London Symphony Orchestra
• Yang Liping’s exhilarating re-interpretation of Stravinsky’sRite of Spring
• Chinese piano sensation Yuja Wang in recital with clarinettist Andreas Ottensamer
• Three opera in concert performances of Manon Lescaut, Orfeo ed Euridice and Götterdämmerung
• Five concerts to celebrate the 60th birthday of Scottish composer Sir James MacMillan
• Cas Public’s 9inspired by Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony
• Amatis Piano Trio & friends in recital at The Queen's Hall
Can’t decide what to book?
Explore the videos below to get some inside insights directly from our 2019 artists or watch our dance performance trailers to help you decide.
If you have a Young Musician’s Passport membership from a previous year but have not yet updated your parent/guardian consent, then you will need to re-register. If you are booking YMP tickets online for the first time, please call or visit the Hub Tickets team in person so they can verify your account. Once registered and verified, you can browse and book for YMP events on our website, by phone on 0131 473 2000, or in person at Hub Tickets.
Now get registering to experience the extraordinary for free this August!
The Young Musician's Passport scheme is supported by The Pirie Rankin Charitable Trust and The Turtleton Charitable Trust