How to enjoy the Standard Life Opening Event: Bloom
You are here
The Standard Life Opening Event: Bloom will see St Andrew Square transformed into a magical night garden through light and sound installations and large-scale projection. You will be free to stroll around the Square as the buildings burst into life – immersing you in a fast moving world of colour, texture and sound.
Entry to the Standard Life Opening Event: Bloom is free for everyone.
I have a ticket, what now?
All tickets for the event are now gone. Ticket holders will get access to the arena from 9.00pm on the night you booked. You should arrive at the arena by 9.45pm. Your ticket is not valid after 10.00pm.
No ticket? No problem!
You can still come along! Non-ticket holders will be able to queue for entry along George Street to be admitted from 10.30pm on a first come basis, subject to capacity.
- The event takes place on Friday 4 and Saturday 5 August 2017
- From 10.30pm anyone can come along and join in the celebrations. People will be allowed in from 10.30pm until midnight on a first come basis, subject to capacity
- Ticket holders will get access to the arena from 9.00pm. You should arrive at the arena by 9.45pm. Your ticket is not valid after 10.00pm. If ticket holders have not entered the arena by 10.00pm, we cannot guarantee early entry
- Your free e-tickets will be emailed to you once booked. You can use this ticket as a PDF on your phone or print it out.
- Wherever possible, please opt to have e-tickets. This saves on postage, paper and time!
If you are collecting tickets, we recommend you do that before August to avoid long queues and a wait for your tickets. The Hub will be incredibly busy in August and you may have to queue for collection
Booked tickets but can’t come any more?
If you find that you are no longer able to attend the event, please pass your tickets along to a friend or family member, or let us know so that someone else can enjoy this free event. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to return your tickets or bring your tickets into The Hub, Castlehill.
Safety and security at the event
In the interests of safety and security at the event, bags may be subject to security searches. You should not bring bags larger than 30cmx30cmx15cm into the arena.
The following items are prohibited in the arena: umbrellas, glass, animals (except registered guide dogs), flares, fireworks, illegal substances, herbal/legal highs or nitrous oxide, offensive weapons (such as knives with long blades), laser pens, megaphones and air horns.
If you see anything suspicious during the event, please report it to the nearest steward, police officer, or member of International Festival staff. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.