You are here
Top Tips for the Virgin Money Fireworks Concert
The Virgin Money Fireworks Concert marks the end of the International Festival and the whole of Edinburgh's festival season with sweet music and a great big bang! We've put together some tips to help you get the most of your night - have a read!
- Arrive early – stake out your spot! Gates open for priority ticket holders at 7.00pm, and for everyone else (Ross Theatre, Top Path seating and standard ticket holders) from 7.30pm.
- Rug up! Even if it’s a sunny day, Edinburgh can get chilly at night. Bring a warm jacket or even a blanket and settle in for the show!
- Bring a picnic! Nibble along to the sweet sounds of the Scottish Chamber Orchestra – just remember not to bring along any glass bottles or containers, or tables which can be tripped over during the event.
- Grab your free programme at the gate and read up about the rep! This year we’re getting all romantic with Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet (excerpts) Bernstein’s Symphonic Dances (from West Side Story) and Shostakovich’s Festive Overture.
- Have a play with the Virgin Money Fireworks app and create your own fantastic fireworks display before witnessing the real thing! Download the app here.
- Take a few snaps (and tag us! #VMFireworks). But do remember to take some time away from your camera to enjoy the event and soak up the music and the atmosphere.