You are here
Castle Hill, Royal Mile
The Hub is a magnificent Gothic building situated at the top of the Royal Mile. It is operated by Edinburgh Festival Centre Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Edinburgh International Festival Society, and is a popular visitor attraction in its own right, welcoming over 500,000 visitors a year. The tip of its spire is the highest point in central Edinburgh, visible for miles around.
The Hub is open all year round, and houses its own restaurant, Cafe Hub; a spectacular Main Hall, which is a popular venue for concerts, ceilidhs, banquets and parties; and two smaller venues, the Dunard Library and the Glass Room, used for meetings and more intimate parties. All of these areas are available for commercial hire. You will also find Hub Tickets here, the central box office for the Edinburgh International Festival and a range of other events throughout the year.
In August the Hub is a busy Festival venue hosting several International Festival events including music, theatre and Festival Insights.
Getting to The Hub
The following Lothian Buses will take you to The Hub:
23, 27, 41, 42, 67 (stop on George IV Bridge, 5 minutes from The Hub)
Pay and Display spaces are available on Chambers Street.
Accessing The Hub
The following access facilities are available at the venue:
- Please contact The Hub on 0131 473 2089 for advice about parking during the Tattoo (3-25 August)
- Level, ramped or lift access to all public areas.
- Wheelchair spaces in the Main Hall.
- Induction loop in Hub Tickets and the Main Hall.
- Accessible toilet on ground floor and another via stair lift.
- Bar and cafe on ground floor.
- Lift with voice announcement and Braille buttons.
If you have any further questions about The Hub:
+44 (0)131 473 2000