Festival Theatre Edinburgh
You are here
The Festival Theatre was created in 1994 around the site of the Empire Theatre. The façade was replaced with a striking new glass front and the stage was increased in size. The Festival Theatre now has the largest stage in Scotland and is an ideal venue for dance, theatre and opera.
Getting to the Festival Theatre
The following Lothian Buses will take you to the Festival Theatre:
2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 14, 29, 30, 31, 33, 37, 47, 49
If you are arriving by car, there are Single yellow lines and Pay and Display parking spaces on nearby side streets.
Box Office Opening Hours
Open Monday to Saturday, 10.00am – 6.00pm or until curtain up on show nights.
Phone bookings (+44 (0)131 529 6000) Monday to Saturday 11.00am – 6.00pm.
There are bars on all levels for pre-performance and interval drinks.
For lunch, coffee, or a pre-theatre bite, cafe/restaurant Th’eatery is open Monday to Saturday 10.00am to 6.00pm or until curtain up on show nights.
View the auditorium seating plan.
Accessing the Festival Theatre
The following access facilities are available at the venue:
- Ramped access at front and level access at side entrance.
- Wheelchair spaces in stalls on floor 1.
- Lift to all levels with accessible toilet on floors 1 and 2.
- Sennheiser infrared system with receivers available from the cloakroom on the mezzanine level.
- Café/bar on ground floor with lift access to other bars.
Venue website: edtheatres.com
13-29 Nicolson Street,