The Edinburgh Playhouse
You are here
The Edinburgh Playhouse has 3056 seats and is the largest theatre in Scotland. Built in 1929, the Playhouse has been used as a theatre and a cinema, and is now a popular venue for musicals, concerts, opera and ballet. Centrally located, the Theatre is a short walk from Princes Street and Leith Walk.
Getting to The Edinburgh Playhouse
The following Lothian Buses will take you to The Edinburgh Playhouse:
1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 19, 22, 25, 26, 34, 44, 45, 49
Pay and Display on Picardy Place and Union Place, 24hr NCP car park beneath the Omni Centre.
Box Office Opening Hours
Open Monday to Saturday, 12 noon – 6.00pm or until curtain up on show nights.
Theatre bars are located on the mezzanine, circle and balcony levels serving drinks and snacks.
Accessing The Edinburgh Playhouse
The following access facilities are available at the venue:
- Level access at the front doors to circle level which is on the ground floor
- Wheelchair spaces on circle level
- Steep stairs only to balcony and stalls levels
- Sennheiser infrared system, receivers for use with or without a hearing aid available from staff
- Accessible toilet on circle level, second disabled toilet down stairs at mezzanine level
Bar and refreshment kiosk on ground level.
Venue website: atgtheatres.com
18-22 Greenside Place