You are here
18-22 Greenside Ln, Edinburgh EH1 3AA
The Edinburgh Playhouse is the largest theatre in Scotland, seating up to 3056 people.
Getting to The Edinburgh Playhouse
- Walk...up Leith Walk into Edinburgh's New Town.
- Bike...map your route here.
- Bus...in on Lothian bus routes: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 19, 22, 25, 26, 34, 44, 45, 49.
- Tram...hop off at York Place tram stop.
- Drive...pay and display on Picardy Place and Union Place, 24hr car park beneath the Omni Centre.
Accessing The Edinburgh Playhouse
The following access facilities are available at the venue:
- Wheelchair Accessible.
- Assistance animals welcome.
- Please note there is no lift facility. Level access to the theatre is through the main entrance to circle level, which is the recommended seating area for those with limited mobility. The stalls are located down 40 stairs from street level and the balcony level is located up 25 stairs from street level. Level access from the main entrance into Circle Bar is located on the right hand side of the main foyer.
- An ‘at seat service’ is available via ATG’s ‘Ordertorium’ staff or downloadable via your mobile/smartphone. Please ask venue staff for more information on arrival.
- Wheelchair spaces are located in Row M of the circle.
- The accessible toilet and bar are located in the Circle Bar, just off the main foyer.
- There is a Sennheiser infrared system in the auditorium. Headsets are available from venue staff in the foyer or can be booked in advance via the venue on the number below.
- Euan's Guide accessibility review.
- Access contact: +44 (0) 131 524 3014 or atgtickets.com/Edinburgh
Box Office Opening Hours
Open Monday to Saturday, 12 noon - 6.00pm or until curtain up on show nights.
Venue website: atgtheatres.com