The Edinburgh International Festival has three main sources of income: ticket sales; fundraising from sponsorship, donations; and core public sector investment primarily from the City of Edinburgh Council and Creative Scotland. The Festival, which is a registered charity (a not-for-profit organisation), aims to cover its costs each year.
In 2012, 49% of the Festival's total income was generated through earned income including ticket sales, sponsorship and donations, with 51% coming from public sector grants.
The total cost of the 2012 Festival was approximately £10.6 million.
75% of the Festival's expenditure was allocated directly to meeting the costs of presenting performances: artists' fees and travel, hiring the venues, and paying the technical costs involved with staging events. The remaining 25% of the budget was spent on marketing, selling the tickets, fundraising and administration.
Have you been engaged or inspired by the Festival?
Seen a special Festival performance or enjoyed the city in all its vibrant life? The Edinburgh International Festival would not exist without the support of trust, foundations, corporations and individuals. We would love you to join them to ensure the Festival continues.
Edinburgh International Festival Society registered charity no: SC004694.